Robert Kissane is Chairman of CCS Fundraising, a global fundraising consulting and management firm specializing in philanthropic development for nonprofit organizations.
As Chairman of CCS, Bob oversees the company’s work in all major philanthropic sectors: education, healthcare, religion, human service, arts and culture, social justice and environmental conservation throughout the Americas, Western Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. In addition, Bob is a recognized leader providing guidance and insight to philanthropic foundations, professional associations, and the greater philanthropic community.
Bob has more than 40 years of experience designing major capital and endowment campaigns for public and private universities, hospitals and academic medical centers, museums and performing arts institutions, research and public policy institutes, as well as national and international development organizations.
He has designed efforts raising more than $20 billion in philanthropic support for leading nonprofits organizations and public-private partnership initiatives to aimed to achieve economic, social and educational equality, eradicate polio, fight HIV, champion human rights, strengthen global security, and protect the environment.
Bob is Chair Emeritus of Human Rights Watch, Chairman of Poets House Board of Directors, former Chair of the City University of New York’s School Professional Studies Foundation, and a member of the Executive Committee of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
Bob lives in Rye, New York with his wife Angela and their twins, Madeleine and Liam. His son Evan is a retired U.S. Army Captain and a special agent with the U.S. State Department Diplomatic Security Service.
select client partners
- American Committee for the Weizmann Institute of Science, New York, NY and Tel Aviv, IL
- American Hospital, Paris, FR
- Archdiocese of New York, New York, NY
- Asia Society, New York, NY and Hong Kong, JP
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Seattle, WA
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Atlanta, GA
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Brookings Institution, Washington D.C.
- Carnegie Hall, New York, NY
- City University of New York, NY
- Habitat for Humanity International, Atlanta, GA
- Harlem Children’s Zone, New York, NY
- Human Rights Watch, New York, NY
- Jazz at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY
- Metropolitan Opera, New York, NY
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund, New York, NY
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Atlanta, GA
- National Public Radio, Washington, D.C.
- New York Philharmonic, New York, NY
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- Oxford University, Oxford, UK
- Rotary International (PolioPlus Campaign), Evanston, IL
- Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, IE
- Smithsonian Institution National Museum of African American History and Culture, Washington D.C.
- Schwarzman Scholars, Tsinghua University, Beijing, CN
- Tsinghua University (Schwarzman College), Beijing, CN
- UNICEF, New York, NY and Geneva, CH
- UNCF (United Negro College Fund), Washington, D.C.
- Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY
- Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx Zoo), New York, NY