Senior Vice President Erik Kiernan joined CCS in 2003 and brings nearly 25 years of experience working with a wide variety of nonprofit organizations to every client engagement. Erik leads the New England Team’s faith-based practice and his areas of expertise include campaign design, project management, organizational development, data analysis, volunteer management, and major gift program development.
The ability to help nonprofits generate the resources they need to grow and thrive motivates Erik to offer a high degree of dedication and focus to match the passion our clients have for their causes. Philanthropy is in Erik’s blood. His mother is an accomplished fundraiser in her own right who continues writing grants even in retirement and who led a fundraising effort to build a state of the art child language clinic in Tucson, Arizona.
“I have always believed in helping the less fortunate and being able to provide for those in need. It was something I grew up around. I think it was very natural for me to consider philanthropy as a career choice as a result. There are so many opportunities out there to help fund great causes and help make a real impact,” says Erik.
Erik resides in suburbs of Worcester, Massachusetts with his wife and daughter. He spent his youth living in South America and Arizona, and is fluent in Spanish.
select client partners
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston, MA
- Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
- Trinity Episcopal Church, Boston, MA
- Our Lady of Victories National Shrine and Basilica, Buffalo, NY
- Cotuit Federated Church, Cotuit, MA
- Mary, St. Helen & St. Thecla Parish, Hanover, MA
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- The Nature Conservancy Massachusetts Chapter, Boston, MA
- Epiphany School, Boston, MA
- Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, Buffalo, NY