Vann Ellen Mitchell, Senior Vice President, joined CCS in 2014 with a unique blend of experience in capital, endowment, and comprehensive campaigns, leadership gift fundraising, Case for Support development, grant writing, volunteer management, and prospect research. An expert in healthcare and higher-ed fundraising, Vann strives to bring high levels of innovation and creativity to her client partnerships to ensure a customized and unique strategies that accelerate activity in new ways.
Vann’s dedication to tailored client service is evident in her work through a recent major university campaign with targeted national donor strategy and messaging, her management of a team of ten staff across South Carolina raising $70,000,000+, and consistent awareness of client needs and the ability to pivot. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Vann developed and launched the S.E.C.U.R.E. Program that increased offertory by 254% in five (5) weeks. Over 2020 and 2021, this program was implemented in ten (10) total dioceses salvaging millions of dollars in offertory nationwide.
In addition to her work with CCS, Vann serves as an Advisory Board Member for Florida International University’s Business Women in Leadership Program, as well as an Alumni Board Member for Cary Academy in North Carolina.
Vann received her MA from Carnegie Mellon University and her BA from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She loves being outdoors, playing golf, and cheering on her UNC Tar Heels in college basketball. Vann and her husband, Matt, currently reside in Tampa, FL.
Select client partners
- Broward Health (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Catholic Diocese of Charleston (Charleston, SC)
- Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Hagerstown Community College (Hagerstown, MD)
- Howard University (Washington, DC)
- National Museum of Bermuda
- Roland Park Country School (Baltimore, MD)
- Univ. of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center (La Plata, MD)
- Univ. of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center (Towson, MD)
- Woodruff Arts Center (Atlanta, GA)